Website Y-12 National Security Complex
Responsible for the management and coordination of the CNS health & welfare and qualified benefit plans for active employees and retirees located at sites in Amarillo, Texas and Oak Ridge, Tennessee. May interact frequently with NNSA/DOE headquarters, benefit plans actuaries and consultants, ERISA, other attorneys, vendors and other service providers regarding health & welfare, pension and savings plan issues, reporting requirements, funding status, plan designs, and cost saving opportunities.
- Evaluates present benefit programs through research, surveys, and analysis of benefit trends and/or vendor management to ensure plans are competitive and comply with NNSA/DOE requirements and the current market environment.
- Works with vendors to develop, administer, and evaluate service contracts to ensure that high quality benefit plans program are delivered in a cost effective manner. This position reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Administers the benefit plans program in compliance with all applicable legal, contractual, and DOE/NNSA requirements. Develops, implements, and administers the organization’s benefits strategies, policies and procedures.
- Interprets company policies and procedures; directs pension plan, medical, and other welfare benefit program audits to ensure compliance with ERISA, state and federal regulations, and contractual requirements.
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization
- Career advancement and professional development programs
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives
Qualification & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will be able to handle multiple priorities, take initiative, work in a team environment and have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be computer savvy and have skills required for implementation of new plans/vendors, and transfer of information to/from vendors and internal systems.
- The candidate must have a strong knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations including the Affordable Care Act and FMLA, filing and compliance requirements as they relate to employee benefit programs such as ERISA, COBRA, Section 125, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements.
Company: Y-12 National Security Complex
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Knoxville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A