Responsible for regulatory, franchising and public policy matters for assigned geographic area. Develops and implements legislative strategies, monitors legislation and coordinates state association management. Oversees corporate initiatives and community affairs activities. Directs and leads staff and project teams consisting of managers, professional and non-exempt employees.
- Provides leadership and supervision to Government and Regulatory staff including staffing, performance management, compensation administration, office management etc.
- Organizes and directs all franchise renewal efforts in the assigned area, including developing and implementing franchise renewal strategies consistent with corporate guidelines; secures timely franchise renewals on acceptable terms; manages the maintenance of local franchise administration and database information; and ensures the timely delivery of franchise renewal notifications.
- Develops and maintains relationships with government representatives and regulators at the federal, state and local level. Travels to attend meetings, hearings, or other events to represent the company.
- Resolves complex and/or difficult franchise renewals, franchise transfers and franchise non-compliance issues, as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Maintains community affairs budget(s).
- Develops and implements strategy for government affairs and public policy issues for specific franchises as well as strategy for local regulatory initiatives. Secures and maintains franchise operating authority for the company.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Oversees programming related to corporate initiatives and community affairs activities.
- Manages outside counsel, consultants, or lobbyists to implement strategies or initiatives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A