Our Store teams are the heartbeat of WHSmith so we’re looking for an engaging, driven, articulate Store Leader in our Harrogate High Street Store to deliver operational and customer service excellence day in, day out! You will lead, energise and motivate your team to delivery excellent store standards and performance to support the Cluster Manager in the delivery of the trading plan.
- Use the scorecard proactively to manage performance and target priorities and actions
- Ensure the store is clean, tidy, priced & full and that colleagues are available at the right times to serve customers
- Create a sense of pride within the store to ensure both colleagues and customer facilities are of a good standard
- Keeps teams up to date on stores, cluster and business performance and appropriately challenge what store teams can do to help
- Ensure your team members are supported, set clear and measurable targets, performance expectations and objectives, and review regularly
- Recognise and celebrate team members for a job well done
- Work with Head Office to ensure awareness of local environment to maximise local opportunities
- Review the trading plan with your Cluster Manager and set and agree key actions that are reviewed on each visit
- You will lead and engage your teams to deliver excellent standards and results in line with the Trading plan.
- Ensure training around product knowledge is kept up to date so you can develop experts who are focused to sell at the right times
- Is flexible in approach to support the wider cluster/area as required
- Is proactive rather than reactive.
- Experience of supporting employee training and development
- Working knowledge of KPI’s such as ATV and TPC
- Current WHSmith Store Manager, Assistant Manager or Supervisor with at least 6 months supervisory experience
- Ability to motivate teams, build strong relationships and communicate well at all levels of seniority
- Able to adopt an engage rather than tell approach
- Lead by example on the shop floor, have a hands-on approach and set high standards for your team
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Harrogate, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A