It’s an exciting time to join WHSmith as we are introducing new Post Offices across our High Street estate! As the Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for overseeing all aspects of Post Office activity within the branch. If you’re looking for a new challenge and are a team motivator, apply today!
- Maximise opportunities to drive sales and increase footfall
- Work closely with the Store Manager to identify cost saving measures and sales opportunities through analysis of the Profit & Loss statement
- Ensure the branch is fully compliant with all current legislation and POL compliance and training requirements.
- Drive the team to achieve both individual and branch targets including sales, shrink, waste, cash loss and staff costs
- Create a customer service led culture which is always striving to improve performance
- Play an active role in the branch with the team
- Ensure all staff deliver a professional, friendly service to all customers
- Support the Store Manager with employee lifecycle from recruitment to appraisals, training and disciplinary procedures.
- Coach and mentor the team to improve performance
- Experience in supporting delivery of store objectives, including maximising sales and controlling shrink
- Proven retail experience in a management role
- Leading by example and setting high standards for your team
- Working knowledge of profit & loss accounts
- Previous experience of working to and achieving demanding targets within tight budgets
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Peterborough, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A