Website Whole Foods Market
Provides support as a member of the Front-End team to include assisting customers during the check-out process, performing all cash register functions, bagging groceries, and working at the customer service desk. Works to maintain attractive customer service displays and support the regional Customer Service vision. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Proactively participates in Regional Front End programs as directed by leadership.
- Cleans and stocks Front End areas, including own register – changing tapes and ribbon as necessary.
- Follows all cash handling procedures – meeting and exceeding regional cashier variance policy.
- Assists supervisor in controlling customer flow and backed up lines – helping reduce customer waiting time.
- Uses proper tares procedures when ringing up scalable items.
- Follows proper check, ATM, and credit procedures.
- Checks out customer groceries efficiently and accurately.
- May assist with training of new Cashier and Courtesy Team Members.
- Upholds government regulations concerning sale of alcoholic beverages and taxation.
- Maintains proficiency with the Front-End Code Book and PLUs:
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates patience in dealing with customers and Team Members.
- Strong basic math skills
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Santa Fe, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A