Website Whole Foods Market
Assists the Team Leader in all aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance and special projects as assigned. Leads and develops Team Members. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Works with Team Leader to achieve sales, purchasing, and labor targets.
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers; responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail execution.
- Develops and maintains creative store layout and product merchandising.
- Assists team leader in annual sales and expense projections and budget preparation.
- Assists Team Leader in analysis of sales, reports, and labor.
- Functions as point person and departmental person in charge in absence of Team Leader.
- Works with Team Leader to resolve team concerns or issues.
- Assists team leader with ordering and inventory management.
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for our products, core values, and company philosophy.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Desire to coach and mentor others for growth.
- Growth mindset towards greater responsibility and ownership.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and customer relationship skills.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Thorough product knowledge.
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial performance, monitor profitability, and manage inventory.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive manner.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- 18+ months retail Team Member experience and 6+ months of supervisory experience
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fremont, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A