Website Whole Foods Market
Performs duties relating to the cutting, preparation, display, and selling of meat products. All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Checks product to make sure it meets WFM quality standards.
- Maintains sampling program.
- Cuts, platters, and merchandises products (beef, pork, lamb, veal, poultry).
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Prepares specialty meat merchandise (i.e. sausage, oven ready products, and cured meats).
- Monitors and assists in preventing spoilage.
- Mentors and supports assigned Meat Cutter Trainee(s).
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Extensive knowledge of different cuts and cooking techniques of meat and seafood.
- Capable of accessing information about market conditions and communicating this information to customers.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Excellent cutting skills with the ability to bread product down into sub-primal and retail cuts.
- Working understanding of Meat team processes and procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- 14+ months retail experience.
Company: Whole Foods Market
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Monica, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A