Website City of Waco
Under general supervision, compiles, analyzes, interprets, investigates and reports public health data for health research projects on the surveillance, detection and prevention of disease and public health crises; manages public health surveillance databases and compiles data for technical reports for the Public Health District (PHD).
- Plans, organizes, develops and coordinates the investigation and evaluation of the causes of undesirable health events such as death and disability.
- Conducts communicable disease investigations and develops public health preparedness strategies.
- Assists in the design, implementation and analysis of health and human service surveys and other research projects.
- Prepares and presents reports, statistical analyses, scientific papers, specific studies and trends in epidemiology and public health in order to assess the health needs of the community.
- Compiles and analyzes data; assures validity, accuracy and completeness of data; interprets the significance and meaning of data; analyzes multivariate and cluster trends in data analysis results and reports findings and anomalies.
- Assists with public health program evaluation and planning; assists in the development of grant proposals.
- Provides public education to citizens on a variety of public health topics; establishes and maintains databases.
- Generates maps for study of population demographics and undesirable health events.
- Analyzes PHD disease trends and mortality and morbidity rates and develops comparison reports.
- Assists PHD staff and representatives from other agencies through technical skills and survey design.
- City policies and procedures.
- Federal and state laws, codes, rules and regulations related to public and environmental health.
- State and federal public health protocols and regulatory standards.
- Principles and practices of database systems, including computerized data compilation techniques and statistical and spatial models for computer analysis, including SAS, SPSS, STATA and GIS.
- Techniques for investigating and analyzing complex public health problems and conditions.
- Public Health research protocols and statistical evaluation principles and methods.
- Medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease.
- Surveillance program design and management for tracking pathobiology of infectious and chronic disease.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
- If BSN; professional registration as Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nursing is required
Company: City of Waco
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Waco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A