Website City of Waco
Do you have what it takes to join our dedicated Human Resources team? Then this career is just for you! In this position, you will be responsible for performing Human Resource (HR) functions. Providing advice and counsel on a variety of technical HR compliance issues, verify City actions in compliance with HR regulations and policies, and ensure that the state and/or federal employment laws are followed in areas of assigned supervision.
- Assist the Human Resources Department in being committed to developing, supporting, and delivering top quality programs and services designed to assist the City in attracting, retaining, and developing a healthy, diverse, and well qualified workforce.
- Perform HR functions primarily related to recruitment and compensation. This position is responsible for advertisement and employment branding. You will help identify, attract, and recruit both prospective and current City of Waco employees. You will be responsible for guiding and assisting candidates through their application, interview and on-boarding journey.
- You will be responsible for assisting City of Waco Department Supervisors with hiring and retaining qualified candidates while building positive relationships. This will require becoming familiar with the positions and operations of the departments.
- As a HR Generalist, you will need to have the ability to be a leader, facilitate employee orientation, develop and make recommendations related to HR processes, and work independently with limited supervision.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field is required;
- Two (2) years’ experience in Human Resources;
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience; experience in Recruitment is preferred;
- must also have a valid driver’s license;
Company: City of Waco
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A