Website U.S. Geological Survey
This is a time limited assignment not-to-exceed 1 year, that may be extended up to a total of 5 years without further competition or terminated at management discretion. At the end of the assignment you will be returned to a position equivalent in tenure and grade as your former position. The salary will be based on the OPM locality pay table for the duty location selected. You may view the OPM locality tables HERE.
- Provides planning and technical assistance to staff and Senior Leaders in the design and execution of an Integrated Water Basin study
- Coordinates program development, scientific goals with both internal and external cooperators
- Manages the day-to-day administrative, financial, and technical program for short- and long-term planning of a Integrated Water Basin study
- Identifies hydrologic data and researches needs guided by USGS and Water Mission Area priorities and engages with relevant Federal, State, and local agencies in developing cooperative data
- Selectee may be subject to serving a one-year probationary period.
- More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information.
- Selectee must provide a valid state driver’s license & safe driving record.
- Selectee subject to successful completion of a pre-employment medical exam
- Because this position requires travel for official business, the selectee will be required to apply for a charge card within 30 calendar days of appointment. Individuals who have delinquent account balances from a previous Government charge card will be required to satisfy their existing obligation before a new card can be issued.
- You will be required to operate a government-owned or -leased vehicle in the performance of your official duties. Applicants for this position must meet the following requirements: (1) possess a valid State license, and (2) possess a safe driving record. If selected, you will be required to provide proof of a valid State license & a copy of your driving record.
- A background investigation will be required for this position. Continued employment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
- Throughout the recruitment and hiring process we will be communicating with you via email; therefore, it is imperative that the email address you provide when applying for this vacancy remains active. Should your email address change, please notify the point of contact identified in the vacancy announcement as soon as possible so that we can update our system.
- If you are a Federal employee applying for a promotion (under merit promotion procedures) you must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Company: U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Gainesville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A