Website U.S. Geological Survey
- Plans, organizes, and oversees efforts and projects that are aimed at achieving and improving the quality, effectiveness, and timeliness of National Land Imaging (NLI) Program activities at EROS. Serves as senior advisor to management and executive leadership on developing and implementing strategic plans in support of NLI Program objectives.
- Manages short and long range planning activities to include multi-year work plans that are the products of subordinate organizational projects. The duties of this position are complex, as they cross-cut management and quality improvement disciplines.
- Plans work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work, and approves leave. Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees. Coordinates within the unit to ensure that timeliness, form, procedure, accuracy, quality and quantity standards are met.
- Develops priorities for effective use of resources. Consults with key managers and stakeholders to ensure that all implications are identified, weighed, and considered in study and discussion of effective and efficient resource use and distribution.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by background investigation.
- Selectee may be subject to serving a one-year probationary period.
- More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information.
- Because this position requires travel for official business, the selectee will be required to apply for a charge card within 30 calendar days of appointment. Individuals who have delinquent account balances from a previous Government charge card will be required to satisfy their existing obligation before a new card can be issued.
- A background investigation will be required for this position. Continued employment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
- Throughout the recruitment and hiring process we will be communicating with you via email; therefore, it is imperative that the email address you provide when applying for this vacancy remains active. Should your email address change, please notify the point of contact identified in the vacancy announcement as soon as possible so that we can update our system.
- If you are a Federal employee applying for a promotion (under merit promotion procedures) you must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Company: U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Sioux Falls, SD, US
Application Deadline: N/A