Website Department of Agriculture
- Work with a variety of individuals to resolve problems, clarify differences of interpretation concerning HACCP and other food safety or consumer protection requirements.
- Ensure that regulated establishments produce a safe product by executing appropriate inspection methods, determining noncompliance with regulatory requirements, documenting noncompliance and initiating enforcement action, where warranted.
- Advise other Agency inspectors, supervisors and officers on inspection and enforcement matters for which you are involved.
- Communicate and defend determinations on non-compliance issues and discuss plans for addressing non-compliance.
- Verify that meat and poultry slaughter and/or processing establishment’s Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans meet regulatory requirements.
- Conduct regulatory oversight activities inside plants in matters relating to other consumer protections (e.g., economic adulteration and misbranding).
- Have contact with plant managers, owners and others to explain legal and regulatory requirements, discuss operation of the plant’s SSOP, HACCP plan and other food safety programs.
- Execute Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Plans effectively to prevent unsanitary conditions and adulteration of product.
- Review records, observe plant operations and conduct hands-on verification to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and prepare detailed documentation (Non-Compliance Records) of non-compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Determine when regulatory control action is necessary. You will assess whether the plant’s corrective or preventative actions are acceptable and effective, if there are trends in noncompliance, or if enforcement action is warranted.
- Selectee will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination within 60 days of your start date.
- Training as a condition of employment (TCOE) is required. You must begin the training within 90 days of the effective date of your selection, and you must successfully complete it within 12 months of the effective date of your selection.
- Passing a pre-employment medical examination is required.
- Selectee will be required to follow FSIS safety protocols for not fully vaccinated individuals until you are fully vaccinated and have submitted the required documentation.
- The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request of the agency a legally required exception from this requirement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Selectee may be subject to satisfactory completion of one-year probationary or trial period.
- As required by Executive Order 14043, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement, subject to such exceptions as required by law.
- Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance. If selected you may be subject to a Moderate Risk Background Investigation (MBI).
Company: Department of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A