Website U.S. Courts
The Space & Facilities Administrator has district wide responsibilities for the management and oversight of Space & Facilities projects initiated by the Court or General Services Administration (GSA). The incumbent advises unit executives and judges regarding design, construction, building operations, occupancy of construction projects, and ongoing facility maintenance. Responsibilities include understanding and adhering to guidelines, policies, procedures, and internal controls related to space and facility projects and building maintenance. This position reports to the Chief Deputy Clerk. Typical work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and regular work travel within and outside of the District will be required.
- Serve as custodial officer for furniture items and ensure master property list is current. Serves central resource for contingency plans and emergency preparedness.
- Coordinate with IT and senior management on the use of emergency notification systems.
- Establish and maintain contacts with U.S. Marshals Service (USMS), Federal Protective Services(FPS) and other national and local lawen for cement and emergency management agencies.
- Prepare project scope, budget, and schedules to guide specifications and procurements. Review specifications, analyze cost estimate, negotiate fees and costs, and resolve issues from project design through completion.
- Coordinate activities of agencies and vendors to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Conduct planning and update meetings as necessary.
- Ensure all parties are advised of project requirements and changes. Prepare annual maintenance plans and cost estimates.
Advanced use of and experience with Microsoft Windows and Office products and standard project management applications. Experience in the review and analysis of construction documents and cost estimates. Critical thinking, attention to detail, analytical skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with team members regarding collaborative tasks. Excellent organization skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, follow through, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
Company: United States Courts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A