Website U.S. Courts
If you have a passion for technology and an interest in being hands on with a wide array of technologies, we want to hear from you! We are seeking a talented candidate with varied technical experience that is customer oriented, adaptable, and eager to learn and explore. The IT Help Desk Technician provides help desk support for end users and technical support in installing and configuring computer and software programs.
- Provide day-to-day help desk support for end users via telephone or in person.
- Respond to help desk calls and emails, logs computer problems, and assist with routine problems. Issues that are not quickly resolved may be escalated to the next level.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
- Support programs and systems such as: Microsoft Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/Teams/OneNote/OneDrive), WordPerfect, Adobe Acrobat, national and customized applications.
- Provide basic courtroom A/V support for court hearings both locally and remote.
- Provide support for mobile computing devices and remote access.
- Provide end users with basic system support for telephone systems.
- Provide Zoom support for court staff.
- Instruct users in use of equipment and software. Provide information and assistance to user on desktop applications, devices, and remote access.
- Prepare and distribute new hardware including PC desktops, printers and mobile devices.
- Recommend hardware, equipment and software updates.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years general work experience.
- One (1) year of specialized experience, which is defined as progressively responsible experience related to the technical aspects of data processing, office automation, and data communications onsite and/or remote technical support of hardware/software/peripherals, basic IP phone and troubleshooting, audio-visual technologies, mobile devices and their applications.
- Prior experience providing phone, remote, and in-person help/desk support.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office products.
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, analytical skills, and the ability to independently research and make recommendations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with team members regarding collaborative tasks and distill information for end user consumption.
- Must be comfortable soliciting and providing critical feedback from the team as needed.
- Excellent organizations skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, follow through, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to provide support to other divisional offices, after-hours or weekend support as needed.
- PREFERRED: Undergraduate degree from accredited college/university in computer science or related field.
Company: United States Courts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Cleveland, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A