Website Universal Studios
The Animations Technician – CONTROLS – supports the sustaining engineering activities of the Technical Services Controls Engineering team. This role is responsible for troubleshooting industrial control, show control, and network systems within rides & attractions employed in the theme park, as well as all the show quality elements, such as show characters, show effects, and other duties assigned within the Technical Services Department at Universal Studios Hollywood (“USH”).
- Adhere to all EHS and Standard Operating Procedures within Attraction Services and USH at large
- Communicate accurately and in a timely manner, matters that pertain to the operational status/readiness of all attractions and show venues.
- Assess and then clearly communicate objectives and direction to other technicians, while troubleshooting and relaying status information to direct management, clients, and stakeholders.
- Support requests of all operating groups/departments within USH in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in the development and implementation of processes, which enhance system efficiencies and increase productivity.
- Respond and resolve reliability issues that affect controls systems and show quality of all characters and effects in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all sustaining work, inclusive of attraction downtime response and design optimizations, is properly documented.
- Promote and provide extraordinary guest service for both internal and external guests.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Understanding or awareness of motor control and drives systems or concepts, such as variable frequency drives/controllers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of audio, video, lighting, and show control software and graphical user interfaces.
- Possess knowledge of electrical/electronics components and systems, sound/video systems, projection systems, mechanical/ structural components, programmable logic controllers (PLC) and software, inventory control inspection, quality control procedures.
- Understanding or awareness of software and coding, such as ladder logic, structured text, sequential function chart, function block diagram, and other text/scripting-based coding languages.
- Experienced in design and technical blueprints/computer aided drafting for all the disciplines listed above.
- Understanding or awareness of process control systems or concepts.
- Understanding or awareness of closed-loop motion/servo control systems or concepts.
Company: Universal Studios
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A