Website Tennessee Valley Authority
Assumes responsibility for significant work components within large projects. Writes/reviews maintenance and modification work orders. Provides technical support to craft personnel. Determines required resources, investigates equipment to be worked on, both in the field and on paper, and reviews drawings, vendor manuals and procedures.
- Coordinates scope and detail of work assignments, including safety concerns, clearances, plant instructions, required parts, and necessary limitations in order to ensure smooth flow of job activities.
- Independently performs most assignments with minimal guidance. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems.
- May supervise, coordinate, and review the work of other specialists and craft.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access and S-3 and S-4 medical qualifications when applicable.
- Must be able and willing to assume “on-call” rotational assignments which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability.
- Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by TVAN procedures during peak periods.
- Must be able and willing to travel to plant locations as required when performing assigned tasks and, as necessary, to be temporarily assigned to a field location.
Qualification & Experience:
- Skills and Proficiencies (May be job or organization specific).
- Prepares work instructions to repair, perform preventive maintenance, or perform modifications to plant equipment based on technical understanding and engineering principles.
- Knowledge of Technical Specifications, requirements and ability to specify testing requirements for return to operability after repairs are made. Ability to effectively plan and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of scientific and engineering principles and the ability to apply them to complex tasks.
- Ability to read and understand drawings. Ability to convey technical information effectively, both written and orally.
- Knowledge of root cause of analysis techniques.
Company: Tennessee Valley Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Decatur, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A