As a Tesla Gig factory 1 Cell Recycling Maintenance Technician, you will have the opportunity to maintain and support development of a pilot plant to full-scale operation and drive Tesla toward closing the loop on battery recycling. Cell Recycling Maintenance Technicians will work directly with Operations & R&D Process Engineering to continuously develop and improve cell recycling systems that will help accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
- Perform routine rounds of equipment and system checks to ensure working order and mitigate potential shutdowns as well as perform expedited repairs on production-down equipment
- Improve the reliability of equipment and systems through collaboration with Operations/R&D/Program Management and adjust process parameters to optimization.
- Utilize technical, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills while performing general maintenance, preventive maintenance, and emergency maintenance as needed
- Maintain and troubleshoot pumps, chillers, piping, water filtration and lubrication systems
- Provide installation/maintenance support for new process equipment testing, installation, commissioning, and sustainability
- Order and inventory necessary spare parts, equipment, and tooling required for all scheduled maintenance based on wear/usage cycles.
- Supply feedback on performance of process equipment highlighting issues and necessary/required maintenance improvements.
- General technical/mechanical understanding of chemical processes and strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with chemical handling and water distribution is desired
- Basic understanding of electrochemistry, chemical treatment, fine milling, gravity separation, pyro-metallurgy, etc.
- Must demonstrate high degree of reliability, initiative, and desire to learn.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills along with strong attention to detail, flexibility, and prioritization
- Required to work with and around hazardous areas and hazardous chemicals and materials
- Ability to prioritize Environmental, Health and Safety issues in the workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Reno, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A