Website City of Stockton
The Stockton Police Department offers excellent opportunities for individuals who have graduated from a police academy searching for an organization offering growth opportunity and challenge.
View the City of Stockton Police website www.joinSPD.com
- Restores order, protects life and property, and maintains the peace at public gatherings and in conflict situations.
- Provides information, directions, and other services and assistance to the public.
- Retrieves, identifies, and returns found property and/or evidence to owners.
- Investigates traffic accidents and provides traffic and crowd control as necessary; participates in special details and assignments, including K-9 and related activities; may serve as a field training officer.
- Provides emergency aid and assistance to incapacitated persons and requests additional response.
- Prepares and documents cases, completes reports and records, and prepares and maintains other logs and records.
- Coordinates crime scene control and investigation, including interviews and interrogations, identification of witnesses, overseeing collection and preservation of physical evidence.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License.
- Must meet, physical, psychological, and background standards, which include polygraph testing and California
- Department of Justice fingerprint clearance.
- Vision requirements are 20/20 for far visual acuity, either corrected or uncorrected. If corrected, no worse than 20/100 uncorrected in each eye separately. For laser surgery, one year minimum elapsed time between surgery and qualifying examination. Color blindness will be cause for rejection.
Company: City of Stockton
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A