Website State of Michigan
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Plan and lead the activities of all stores within the assigned area of operation, including full profit and loss responsibility, while acting within the scope of company objectives and policies to accomplish divisional and regional goals.
- A culture that fosters Dollar General’s mission and values.
- Fair administration of human resources policies & practices.
- Superior customer service through fun, friendly stores.
- Area annual sales growth that meets or exceeds company targets through quality orders and efficient flow processes.
- All tools are effectively utilized in each store and market resulting in superior inventory presentation and management.
- Effective planning & execution of company objectives.
- Maximization of performance & productivity through a commitment to sensible store scheduling.
- Total development of human capital through proactive recruitment, selection and education of employees and customers.
- Protection of company assets through loss prevention and expense efficiencies.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities within operational area (i.e., distribution flow improvements, merchandising display efforts, store growth and real estate site selection, recruiting strategy, training and development priorities, employee Relations, customer service, systems implementation, etc.).
- Consistent and effective communication of divisional and regional priorities to store teams.
- Demonstrated results-oriented leadership including the ability to model total development and serve as a steward of Dollar General’s mission and values.
- Demonstrated record of achieving performance goals and objectives.
- Financial analysis skills sufficient to interpret operating statements and other financial reporting data, manage budgets, and control inventory.
- Demonstrated ability to produce desired results by leveraging resources, maintaining tough expense control, managing merchandise effectively, and defining and communicating clear expectations.
- Four+ years retail management experience with progressively more responsibility, managing multi-unit operations in retail, grocery or convenience store operations with full P&L responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- “Big-box” retail management and/or equivalent education and experience combination will be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and leadership skills including a willingness to consistently provide superior customer service, the ability to react appropriately under pressure, and the ability to apply good judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in collaboration with team to achieve objectives in a participative management style.
Company: State of Michigan
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Cadillac, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A