Website Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is within Housing and Economic Development Secretariat and its work touches the lives of all Massachusetts residents. DHCD’s mission is to strengthen cities, towns and neighborhoods to enhance the quality of life of Massachusetts residents by providing leadership, professional assistance and financial resources to promote safe, decent affordable housing opportunities, economic vitality of communities and sound municipal management.
Under the Eviction Diversion Initiative (EDI) the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) needs to continue to distribute millions of new federal funding to support renters facing housing instability caused by COVID-19 through new policies, programs and initiatives. As DHCD continues to broaden its impact and serve communities hardest hit during the pandemic, it seeks to implement and support effective change management strategies to foster this growth.
The EDI Change Manager serves a critical function for DHCD through coordination with senior leaders, staff, external stakeholders and partners to effectively steward change across the organization and the Commonwealth’s housing ecosystem. The EDI Change Manager executes strategies that make complex change easy for impacted users and stakeholders.
The EDI Change Manager collaborates with cross-functional teams to manage the change process through impact analysis, stakeholder management, communications, training, outreach efforts to ensure that new policies, programs and solutions are rolled out successfully and in a sustainable way. Key to this role is the ability to build cross-function relationships, apply critical thinking, and take the initiative to drive results.
- Creates or significantly contributes to change enablement strategies and plans, including training and communications.
- Conducts effective change impact assessments, program readiness assessments, and stakeholder analysis. Defines and measures success metrics and monitors change progress.
- Defines, plans, develops, delivers and manages communication, stakeholder, and training, management plans. Collaborates with project teams to ensure the successful execution of the end-to-end change management strategy.
- Integrates change management and training activities into project plans. Proactively identifies and implements improvements across the program and identifies risks and issues relating to change management functions.
- Develops and manages communication efforts to impacted audiences throughout the duration of the program.
- Manages stakeholder relationships.
- At least five years of experience applying change management principles, methodologies, and tools for implementing change programs
- Experience developing readiness programs, training or stakeholder engagement.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and can be flexible in their approach.
- Great communicator with the ability to translate highly technical details into easily understandable information.
- Ability to think critically and take the initiative when presented with new tasks or assignments.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to balance multiple priorities, escalate issues, adjust to changing priorities and meet required deadlines.
- Ability to perform tasks with attention to detail and work effectively independently with little supervision and collaboratively in a team setting.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with advanced proficiency utilizing Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience using graphics software (Adobe Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.). and experience using Web-based training tools (Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, PowToons, etc.)
- Experience or background in public policy or experience working with non-profit agencies.
- Knowledge of housing programs and resources and familiarity with DHCD EDI programs such as Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), Rental Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT), Emergency Rental and Mortgage Assistance (ERMA), Emergency Assistance, HomeBASE and/or other DHCD rental assistance or housing programs.
Company: Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A