Website State of Colorado
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) provides law enforcement services to local, state, and federal law enforcement and government agencies, including managing statewide criminal justice information, assisting with criminal investigations on request, conducting criminal and civil background checks, and operating an internationally-accredited forensic laboratory system.
- Crime Information Management Unit – provides support services and ensures security regulations are met by users of Colorado criminal justice information to uphold and enforce the FBI standards, and operates an information system at an over 99 percent availability rate for local, state, and federal criminal justice agencies enabling them to exchange timely, accurate, and complete information.
- Forensic Services – provides forensic investigative assistance to law enforcement agencies, including DNA casework, latent print analysis, firearm and toolmark analysis, drug chemistry analysis, crime scene evidence processing, serology analysis, trace evidence analysis, digital analysis, DNA database management, and toxicology analysis.
- Office of Professional Standards – develops national accreditation standards for the CBI, standardizes policies and training, conducts review and investigates complaints and allegations of misconduct, and reports on CBI statistics and inspections.
- Investigative Services – provides critical investigative assistance to law enforcement agencies on request for major crimes, gaming, complex fraud, fugitive sex offenders, cold case homicides, and missing persons investigations.
- Morpho Biometrics Unit – serves as the state repository for criminal history information, including fingerprint data.
- Instant Criminal Background Check Unit – serves as the state point of contact for background checks on firearms purchases and conducts concealed handgun permit background checks for sheriff’s offices.
- Open mail, stamp in all fingerprint cards received.
- Group fingerprint cards together according to procedures.
- Tum physical fingerprint cards into electronic copies.
- Enter demographics into MBIS (Morpho Biometric Identification System).
- Assist law enforcement agencies with the submissions of civil and criminal fingerprint cards.
- Assist public regarding criminal records and civil submissions. Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Research and enter dispositions for all arrests into CCIC.
- Research and enter juvenile expungements into CCIC.
- Research and enter seals into CCIC
Company: State of Colorado
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Lakewood, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A