Website State Farm
As a software engineer, you will play in integral role supporting the actuarial and underwriting departments by helping build and support solutions to drive results for the enterprise. Through this role, your work is essential for helping design and develop applications to support the actuarial and modeling processes and to achieve the business objectives for our P&C products.
- Identify problems, related technical issues, and long-term repeatable solutions meeting customer needs
- Apply an understanding of user experience best practices and test design standards
- Build and maintain pipelines for the development, implementation, execution, validation, monitoring, and improvement of data science solutions
- Work closely with product team and customers to develop applications for actuarial and underwriting business problems
- Work to design, develop, implement, test and support products for business areas
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Spring Boot, Django or similar frameworks
- Experience using deployment automation technologies, preferably Terraform
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and practices
- Experience with developing solutions on AWS or other distributed compute platforms.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies and languages
- Experience using Docker or other web server technology in a Linux environment
- Experience with any open source database such as PostgreSql, MySQL. Etc.
- Critical thinking skills to challenge current thinking and apply right technology to solve problems.
- Experience with CI/CD systems, preferably with GitLab, Jenkins, or AWS Code Deploy.
Company: State Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dunwoody, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A