Website U.S. Department of State
This position is located in the Office of Afghanistan Affairs in the Bureau of South and Central Asian Affairs (SCA). The Foreign Affairs Officer will be responsible for regional security affairs, security assistance, and select multilateral organizations issues, with additional work to be performed as needed on political-military issues and dynamics, as well as providing specialized functional support to other elements of the Bureau.
- Provides policy and program planning consultations to coworkers and management officials in the Department and the interagency. Develops program implementation goals and milestones.
- Drafts and formulates guidance, talking points, Congressional reports and other materials for use by posts and bureaus in the policy process.
- Develops background information, and approaches for presenting policy positions in interagency fora.
- Coordinates tasking from working groups, develops summaries/evaluations of options, and forges consensus on recommended actions.
- Represents the Afghanistan Desk in Department-wide and interagency discussions and events.
- Participates in meetings with agencies of other governments and multilateral organizations to contribute detailed analyses and assessments of alternatives to decision makers.
- Maintains relationships with the T/PM Bureau, Bureau of International Security and Nonproliferation, and Department of Defense to facilitate information sharing, collaboration, and joint planning for regional and national security issues.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
Company: U.S. Department of State
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tacoma, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A