This critical director of marketing role contributes to Starbucks success through Canadian specific marketing strategies and executional plans that will drive company financial and business objectives. At the highest level, this role is responsible for driving more customers acquisition and frequency in the most efficient and effective way possible. This is a highly cross functional role and leads a team of thirteen Starbucks partners and is also responsible for managing key relationships with internal and external marketing and alliance partners.
- We are looking for a leader who is effective at having radically candid conversations with their partners and other leaders.
- Leadership of the Joint Steering Committee (JSC’s) with our corporate alliance partners
- We require a true thought leader to champion first-to-market loyalty initiatives that will be coming to market in the next 12 months
- Sole responsibility for developing strategic and operational plans for the marketing team, managing execution, and measuring results
- Overall accountability for achieving functional business objectives outlined in FY22 Annual Operating Plan
- Priority will be given to candidates with past loyalty or CRM experience, and who are passionate about customer relationships. We seek a leader who can elevate our organizational acumen in this space.
- This leader must also hit the ground running and participate in our annual Strategic Planning and Financial planning process. Responsible for leading relationships with key external partners and alliances, including Nestle, UberEats, TD Bank, Air Canada, and others. May evaluate potential business partnerships. This leader will also be responsible for the operating performance and delivery of shared business objectives.
- Candidates must have demonstrated effectiveness at coaching, providing feedback (positive and constructive), partner developmental guidance and co-creating effective action plans to enable growing in their careers
- Capacity to persuade others through fact-based story telling and forward-looking insights.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Functions effectively with ambiguity.
- Ability to gather knowledge, interrogate the information, and articulate a marketing vision for the Canadian business.
- Strong cross-functional and team leadership.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, analytical and technical skills; comfortable with syndicated data.
- Strong knowledge of marketing vehicles and marketing fundamentals.
- Candidate must be curious about the marketing landscape, consumer environment, retail store operations, and the Starbucks partner experience
- Candidate must have the potential to contribute to the Starbucks culture.
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to be agile in the midst of a changing consumer and retail environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in the loyalty & payments space (5+ years)
- Strategic planning and execution of omni channel marketing and communication plans (8+ years)
- Retail experience with a company or organization that has a direct relationship and/or interaction with its customers (5+ years)
- Proven ability to plan and negotiate with external partners to achieve mutually satisfactory outcomes
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A