This role will have strategic and innovative management of a regional property portfolio. Reporting into the Senior manager – property portfolio and alongside other team members, the property portfolio manager will aim to achieve and excel team objectives by providing a first class property management service to circa 150 stores through the active management of rent reviews, lease renewals, relocations, re-gears, extensions, planning use issues and other property related issues.
- Be the main point of contact for the relationship with key Landlords
- Limit the business’ exposure to dilapidations liability, where appropriate, liaising with external building surveyors.
- Working with property agents to identify relocation opportunities, presenting new opportunities to Board with full financial support
- Lead discussions and advise the business on lease decisions in terms of renewals, rent reviews, closures, regears etc.
- Agree disposal strategy as part of a 3 year strategic plan. Analyse store performance and present proposals to Board for approval
- Responsible for the creation, communication and implementation of a 3 year strategic plan relating to lease renewals, regears, renovations, relocations, extensions and disposals within your region
- Recommend and agree strategy for each lease expiry and appropriate tactics to adopt in each case
- Identify sales driving initiatives
- Advise business on terms for renewal in each lease (e.g. inside or outside the act, lease or license, market conditions, rental levels, trading, market plan etc.)
- Support & implement the Market Plan
- Excellent negotiating skills and the ability to handle a high volume caseload.
- RICS accreditation
- Significant experience working within a retail in-house portfolio management team.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of the retail property market
- Strong IT skills desirable
- Committed to delivering results
- Innovative & motivational
- Experience in the use of Manhattan/Tririga databases
- Able to foster strong & effective relationships at senior levels both internally and externally.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, UK
Application Deadline: N/A