The construction rep contributes to Starbucks success by providing construction support to ensure new stores and renovations are completed in accordance with Starbucks requirements. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
- Supports store development and operations; may participate and contribute to planning and strategy meetings for the market by providing information and input.
- Collects vendor quotes and processes purchase and warehouse orders. Places and tracks orders on a per store basis.
- Resolves problems with back orders, items not received, defective and damaged goods in conjunction with project team. Initiates and reports on damage and/or defective claims with warehouses and outside suppliers and vendors.
- Assists with planning and managing construction processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
- Updates and maintains store related information in various databases.
- Communicates and distributes project related information to vendors and internal partners.
- Creates and maintains project files.
- Coordinates and resolves shipping issues within internal and external transportation departments.
- Generates general contractor paperwork. Compiles and assembles the general contractor contract package. Tracks, generates and ensures general contractor payments.
- Works with store development team to track project status and reports out during team calls, as well as with the operations team.
- Comfort working with database, reporting and order management software
- Data Management:
- Effective communication and fundamental ability to influence
- Familiarity with construction terms, concepts, drawings and documents
- Relationship Management:
- Works effectively with multiple vendors to meet timelines and milestones
- Effectively work in ambiguous situations
- Contributes to the success of a high performing team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Basic task and project management skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Project administration experience preferred, including tracking
- 3+ years’ experience using project or construction management software (MS Project, Tririga, Primavera, Project Mates etc.) preferred
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in facility or construction management, architecture, or business-related field
- 3 years order management: progressive experience in managing orders through complete order life cycle.
- 3 years’ experience in the construction or facilities industry strongly preferred
- 3+ years vendor/supplier management
- High School diploma or GED
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A