As an Onboarding Specialist at Staples you will be responsible for supporting all elements of recruiting and onboarding experience during the first 90 days of new hires in our Fulfillment Centers. You will conduct tours, interview new hires, and collaborate with hiring managers to make offers. You will be part of providing each new hire a great experience as they first join our team. From setting up an engaging new hire orientation to weekly and monthly check in’s with new hires, you will directly impact their experience. We utilize a team approach to hiring. You will work with a Recruiter and a Recruiting Coordinator as a cohesive team to ensure we are getting candidate hired quickly.
- There is never a dull moment in this role. If you thrive on being part of a fast-paced environment and like every day to be different, then this role is for you!
- This is a collaborative role, working across the Talent Acquisition team, Staples Fulfillment Center leaders and HR Business Partners to build a team of talented individuals that will support a best-in-class Supply Chain organization.
- You are a highly effective communicator and are seen by the business as the expert at assessing talent.
- In this role you know what it means to nurture relationships, and actively communicate with the candidate throughout the process
- You can passionately articulate the Staples Employee Value Proposition (EVP), the business landscape and what makes Staples an amazing place to work.
- Using a consultative approach, conduct needs analysis conversations and ask probing questions to align with business expectations. Utilizing market data, identify challenges with pay, job descriptions, hiring manager expectations, and advise as to best approach.
- An ability to foster communication and teamwork among staff and to collaborate with all members of the team, at all levels to ensure successful outcomes Make in person offers and kick off background checks in system
- Use behavioral based interviewing techniques to assess candidates and technology to effectively screen candidates where applicable.
Qualification & Experience:
- Preferred: Project Management
- Solid understanding and demonstrated use of an Applicant Tracking system, HR system or equivalent system
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Proven success in providing superior customer service
- Preferred: 3+ years of full life cycle recruiting or HR experience
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A