Starship welders in McGregor, TX will work to build the structural test stand for the Starship and Super Heavy vehicles. The Starship welders will work with an elite team of other fabricators to rapidly build and weld the large assembly that will support vehicle structural testing at our launch site in South Texas.
- Effectively communicate with management/supervisors, engineering staff and planners to achieve build efficiency
- Collaborate with lead welder to ensure that the proper weld procedure, type of material and rod size are accurately assessed for each welding project
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan welding operations where procedural information is unavailable
- Make a continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Welding assembly and fabrication on various small to large scale structures and assemblies
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner
- Setup of safety equipment and work platforms at elevation
- Knowledge in standard tools, materials, motions, and practices of the welding trade.
- Knowledge in occupational hazards and effective safety precautions of the trade.
- Knowledge in arc air procedures and equipment.
- Experience in overhead cranes & Forklifts.
- Use of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while w
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience with flux core welding in a manufacturing environment (experience from a college welding program will count)
- 5+ years of experience in FCAW welding with carbon steel
- Certifications with AWS D1.1
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Weslaco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A