Website United States Space Force
This is a key SSC leadership position that will help shape space DT&E and Integrated Testing activities for critical Space Programs for the next 10 years. As the PEOs Chief Developmental Tester, the successful candidate will lead a Test Branch responsible for supporting a $14.5 B portfolio of ACAT 1 / MTA / 804 programs and will help address the next generation of threats. This position will also lead a SF/TE certified LDTO in support of independent test assessments as well as overseeing a range of Test Assets to support future testing requirements. This position is the largest Branch in the Engineering Division. The previous two leaders in this position have gone on to be SSC Engineering Division Chiefs.
- Knowledge of and skill in evaluating state-of-the-art and advancements in theory, application, technology, and policy affecting systems being developed, and in planning, organizing, and directing the functions and staff in critical aspects of development, production, and/or support of systems, subsystems, or equipment.
- Knowledge of the mission, roles, functions, organizational structure, and operation of the DoD, Air Force, and organizations that govern, interface with, and/or influence systems acquisition, development, and/or sustainment, and knowledge of planning, programming, and budgeting cycles, financial systems, and restrictions on expenditure of funds.
- Knowledge of a wide range of advanced multidisciplinary professional engineering concepts, principles, practices, standards, methods, and techniques to apply experimental theories and new developments to problems not susceptible to treatment by accepted methods, and to plan and execute specialized programs of marked difficulty, responsibility, and significance.
- Knowledge of safety, security, personnel management, and EEO regulations, practices, and procedures.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective relationships, building consensus and coalitions, negotiating, and resolving conflicts with a variety of individuals and organizations as well as communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions of an organization, and mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff through subordinate supervisors as well as analyze, plan, and adjust work operations of one or more organizational segments to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources.
Company: United States Space Force
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles Metropolitan Area
Application Deadline: N/A