Website United States Space Force
Looking for a candidate with proven supervisory skills to lead the STARCOM POM and Requirements development processes. Must have a working knowledge of a variety of space systems and programs, such as Space Situational Awareness; Command and Control; Space Control; Space Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance; MILSATCOM; Space Position, Navigation & Timing; Space Testing, Training, Tactics & Exercises; Space Launch, Ranges & AF Satellite Control Network Operations. Applies expert analytical and evaluative skills to determine the actions necessary to support a variety of major mission and operational plans that are compatible with previous OSD decisions, Space Force strategy, policies, concepts and objectives, and Congressional decisions, to provide the broadest range of alternatives to Space Force leadership.
- Interviews families to identify and evaluate their special needs and situational stressors, determine services for appropriate assistance, and provide tailored guidance regarding accessing services that are not standard across the AF due to the individual local and state regulations, laws, and compliance for the location where the installation is located
- Researches and analyzes trends impacting families with special needs, identifies needs that are not being met for planning and assessment purposes, and reports and shares findings with leadership, management, and action groups
- Carries out the family support portion of the installation EFMP, independently performing a variety of complex assignments involving identifying family needs, assessing the availability of assistance locally, identifying gaps in available services, providing tailored information, and coordinating, developing, advocating, and obtaining a variety of resources and services for military personnel (and civilians selected for certain positions) with family members who present with a wide range of physical, developmental, emotional, and/or intellectual challenges/limitations
- Develops, updates, and maintains installation EFMP education, outreach, and public affairs programs, to include awareness briefings for command, unit, community organizations, individuals and families, and distinguished visitors
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; and maintains good working relations.
- Ability to gather, assemble, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, conduct analysis, devise recommended solutions, and package the entire process in briefings, papers, or reports suitable for top management use and decision-making.
- Knowledge of Space Force installations to include the interaction of Total Force (Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve).
- Knowledge of Space Force program goals and objectives, the sequence and timing of key operational events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning actions as related to actual events.
- Knowledge of the Space Force Strategic Basing process to include the Basing Request Review Panel (BRRP), the Strategic Basing Executive Steering Group (SBESG), and the Space Force Corporate Structure.
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense planning, programming, budget, and execution system (PPBE) and Department of Air Force policy, procedures, and schedules for developing Program Objectives Memoranda, Budget Estimate Submissions and Financial Plans in support of major Space Force missions and operations plans; and methods for developing budget forecasts, cost projections, financial exhibits, unfunded requirements justifications, POM narratives, offsets and disconnects, reclamas, and issue papers.
- Knowledge of the relationship of the various Space Force entities involved in overall planning and execution of military operations and evaluations, and the way the PPBE process supports them.
Company: United States Space Force
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A