Website Social Security Administration
The SSA Recent Graduates Program provides Recent Graduates with entry-level developmental experience and is designed to lead to a career in the Federal government. Program participant(s) are placed in excepted service appointments, not-to-exceed 1 year.
- These are entry level/trainee positions leading to the full performance level of GS-511-12. The employees in these entry-level positions work in a training capacity toward the full performance level position.
- Management arranges structured training and development activities to provide experience and technical competence in the methods, procedures, principles, and techniques of the full performance level.
- Assignments in this position are developmental in nature; the trainee works under the general direction of the designated supervisor, who sets overall objectives and deadlines.
- During this period of development, the supervisor or higher-level employee provides instruction in terms of expected results and specific directions for new, difficult, or special assignments.
- At the full performance level of GS-511-12, the employee performs the following duties:
- Conducts evaluations, reviews, and audits of the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) programs and operations to: measure the effectiveness of policies and procedures and assess the achievement of program goals.
- Conducts evaluations, reviews, and audits of the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) programs and operations to: evaluate the economy and efficiency of operations and identify vulnerabilities to fraud, waste and abuse.
- Identifies existing data resources, coordinating research areas and reviewing relevant legislation, regulations, SSA policies and other internal and external reports to perform work assignments.
- Develops plans to accomplish assignments in accordance with applicable standards, policies and procedures.
- Provides input to setting standards for the completion of assignments, such as staff days of effort required and the scope and depth of research and analysis to be performed.
- Modifies work plans by changing areas of emphasis and devises new approaches as determined by the analysis of preliminary findings.
- Communicates project objectives/plans to audit team and OIG executives at team meetings; and to Agency staff at entrance conferences.
- Performs assignments in accordance with the audit plan and applicable standards.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must have a qualifying degree or certificate.
- Security and/or background investigation required.
- Job offers are contingent on background / security investigation results.
- Selectees are required to serve a trial period.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- Selective Service Registration, if applicable (www.sss.gov).
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- Complete the initial online assessment and USA Hire assessment.
Company: Social Security Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Birmingham, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A