Website Social Security Administration
The Social Security Administration (SSA) is accepting applications from people who wish to be considered for employment under its Selective Placement Program. SSA seeks to recruit and hire applicants with targeted disabilities by aiding these individuals in obtaining employment consistent with their level of skills and abilities. Such disabilities include severe physical, cognitive, or emotional disabilities.
- Your application will be placed into a pool of individuals with disabilities for evaluation and referral to selecting officials for non-competitive hiring.
- You MAY be contacted by interested selecting officials and asked to interview.
- We will not be able to provide status updates other than the receipt of your application via an acknowledgement email from USAStaffingOffice@opm.gov.
- You may update your application at any time until the closing date.
- This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies at any time without notification, in any series or grade. Typical job opportunities within SSA can include, but are not limited to, the following occupations:
- Acquisitions, Grants, and Contracts: Contract Specialists, Purchasing Agents, Procurement Analysts, Grants Management Specialists
- Administrative Support: Staff and Executive Assistants, Management Analysts
- Facilities and Physical Security: Physical Security Specialists, Safety and Occupational Health Specialists, Architects, Supply Specialists and Inventory Management Specialists, Mechanical, Industrial, and Electrical Engineers
- Finance and Accounting: Financial Management Analysts, Accountants, Budget Analysts, IT Specialists
- Human Resources: Management Analysts, Human Resource Specialists, Employee and Labor Relations Specialists, Equal Opportunity Specialists
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Selective Service Registration, if applicable (www.sss.gov)
- Background and/or security investigation required
- Job offers are contingent on background / security investigation results
- Selectees are required to serve a 2-year trial period
- Relocation expenses will not be paid
- All required documents must be received by the closing date of the announcement
Company: Social Security Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A