The Operations Manager is accountable for the efficient day-to-day operation of an assigned department supporting the Distribution Center. The emphasis is on managing numerous operational activities to ensure the production floor is working in a balanced and productive fashion with respect to operational and service goals. The Operations Manager is responsible for the supervision of other exempt and non-exempt staff within the assigned department including the oversight of safety and housekeeping/sanitation activities and programs.
- Contributes to policy and program development through consistent administration and execution of policies/guidelines that effect daily work activities.
- Establish, plan and implement the necessary employee engagement programs required to foster a culture of teamwork and continuous improvement
- Adapts communication techniques for audiences at multiple levels and uses them to decide appropriate approach to solve for issues.
- Manages group of exempt supervisors, full time associates and temporary personnel to accomplish established goals.
- Develops preventative measures that analyze quantitative, qualitative and trend data and makes decisions based on this data that will positivity impact productivity.
- Ensures that direct reports have the support they need to effectively manage their departments through proper coaching and development
- Leverages Maintenance, Loss Prevention, Human Resources, Finance, and other key support groups to integrate and align efforts across DC’s and its functions in retail and e-commerce environments.
- Ability to delegate, develop exempt leaders and lead large teams up to 300 associates
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems and all aspects of warehouse, production and logistics and transportation-related activities.
- Possess proven analytical abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the production floor to include Receiving, Outbound/Shipping, Dotcom and Inventory Control.
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Must be flexible and adaptive to respond to fast paced environment. Must be able to manage multiple tasks against competing priorities.
- Ability to effectively give and receive feedback in a professional and respectful manner that sets the example for others.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A