As an Architect for the Sephora ecommerce front-end development team, you will be evangelizing an ideal UI architecture – one that is focused on performance and that is scalable and maintainable. Reporting to the Director, Front-End Architecture, you are an experienced enterprise level front-end developer with the talent to deliver robust (quality, scalability) experiences to our users under tight timelines.
- Evangelize best practices and guide team members in applying them in a hands-on development environment.
- Deliver the product roadmap with the team as an individual contributor.
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
- Collaborate with other engineering, design, and product management teams to drive core programmatic design decisions and apply modern web frameworks on top of an existing highly scalable and flexible back end.
- Be an integral member of a team focused on site performance, site security, third party integrations, and the planning and discovery process.
- Own and evolve the front-end architecture of the Sephora.com website and contribute to the architectural roadmap.
- Possesses great communication and teamwork skills.
- Solid experience with React.js (AngularJS or similar ok), node.js, libraries (Underscore, etc.), design patterns, tools (Webpack, npm, etc), cross-browser compatibility, unit testing, and performance optimization.
- Significant experience in architecting and designing solutions that utilize software and client-side design best practices.
- Experience with Agile or Scrum processes.
- Domain knowledge in e-commerce applications is desired but not necessary
- Experience with implementing marketing pixels, tag management software, data collection best practices, and current industry standards regarding privacy (CCPA, GDPR).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A