Website United States Senate
This is advanced professional work providing technical expertise to a team in the Cybersecurity Department. Work includes providing subject matter expert review of team processes/procedures to ensure optimal efficiency and effectiveness; recommending and optimizing architecture of applicable team technologies and/or tools to achieve maximum effectiveness and efficiency in accomplishing team goals and objectives. Work is performed under the direction of the team Supervisor.
- Serves as an internal consultant and advisor in own area of expertise (e.g., technology, tools, standards, best practices, processes, etc.).
- Supports assigned supervisor on overall enterprise information security architecture with the organization’s overall security strategy.
- Interprets patterns of noncompliance to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the team’s cybersecurity mission and objectives.
- Advises supervisor on risk levels and security posture.
- Provides support to the assigned supervisor in the development of cyber operations specific indicators measuring success and attainment of team goals and objectives.
- Interprets and advises the assigned supervisor on appropriate application of laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures to specific issues.
- Provides support to the team for planning/developmental forums and working groups as appropriate.
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses as they relate to the cybersecurity area of expertise.
- Skill in making processes more efficient.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to the cybersecurity area of expertise.
- Ability to execute technology and/or tool automation processes.
- Skill in written, oral and presentation skills, especially in conducting cross-training events for other cybersecurity teams.
- Knowledge of operations testing and evaluation methods as they relate to the cybersecurity area of expertise.
Qualification & Experience:
- Skill in integrating the team’s goals and objectives into the team’s technical and/or functional architecture.
- Ability to optimize systems and/or tools to meet enterprise performance requirements.
- Knowledge of cyber threats and vulnerabilities as they relate to the cybersecurity area of expertise.
- Ability to apply an organization’s goals and objectives to develop and maintain the team’s operations architecture.
Company: United States Senate
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Cybersecurity
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A