Website U.S. Secret Service
The U.S. Secret Service, Office of Chief Information Officer (CIO), is responsible for providing advice and assistance to senior managers on IT acquisition and management; developing, maintaining, and facilitating implementation of a sound and integrated IT architecture; and promoting effective and efficient design and operation of all major CIO processes for the agency, including improvements to work processes.
- Provide technical advice to senior management officials and strategic IT recommendations for new and/or substantially modified information technology projects;
- Oversee various phases of IT related projects and user requirements, objectives and alternative solutions, by obtaining costs relating to information technology resource requirements;
- Provide alternative solutions, develop detailed design proposals that specify the products to be developed, user interfaces to systems and conversion requirements;
- Prepare procurement requests, develop statements of work and review contract proposals, and may serve as a Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative(COTR) in monitoring vendor/contractor performances; implementation, evaluation, and/or dissemination of USSS IT components, tools, and procedures;
- Work on complex issues in the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, installation, implementation, maintenance, and/or management of information systems needed to deliver IT services in support of the mission;
- Ensure appropriate security and access controls are in place, commensurate with the risk and magnitude of the harm resulting from the loss, misuse, or unauthorized access to or modification of information.
- Obtain and maintain a Secret (Tier 3) or Top Secret (Tier 5) clearance. For more information visit OPM Mythbuster Page.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so, if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959.
- Submit to a polygraph examination prior to your appointment.
- Financial Disclosure or Interest report may be required.
Company: U.S. Secret Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A