Website Royal Mail
The Distribution Manager will be responsible for the safe and legal operation of the fleet and distribution operations within a defined geographical area. Accountability for leadership of managerial and frontline teams who are trained and motivated to effectively ensure mail transportation between Plants, Network and Collection hubs, and Delivery Offices.
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements applicable to all fleet/trucks – holder of ‘O’ Licence for site and Certificate of Professional Competence holder.
- Ensuring all Distribution management systems are complied with i.e. pre-advice, Open Options.
- Developing an excellent IR/ER climate with full involvement of Distribution employees in performance improvement.
- Leading the annual local distribution Professional Area Distribution (PAD) revisions up to 7.5 tonnes
- Co-ordinating robust special event plans and delivery.
- Industry experience and working knowledge of mails operations, leading teams and delivering results across a balanced scorecard
- Knowledge of UK road transport legislation, must be Certificate of Professional Competence qualified, be prepared to study to attain within 12 months (essential role criteria)
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships and excellent influencing skills
- Strategic planning and project management skills, data/budgetary analysis skills
- Knowledge of safety requirements and accident investigation
- Good understanding of Network Planning tools, Royal Mail policies and processes
Company: Royal Mail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Swindon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A