Oversees construction and improvement projects in the transmission system. Identifies contract worthy projects, consults on project feasibility and project site details, coordinates with construction crews, oversees project inspectors, and on a project specific basis performs construction oversight. Prepares job packages and construction estimates, conducts job walks, and meets with bidders, contractors, and governing agencies. Ensures projects are completed per company standards, engineering design, regulatory guidelines, permits and schedule.
- Ensures contractors follow their approved site specific safety plans.
- Partners with Sourcing and others to ensure contact and record keeping compliance.
- Helps facilitates Project kick-off Meetings.
- Compiles and summarizes program information to track progress on commitments.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in area of field.
- Manages the portfolio of assigned projects and ensures all projects are designed safely and constructed on time, on budget, on scope, and without adverse environmental or regulatory impacts.
- Coordinates and leads activities in support of inspections or audits.
- Performs field visits as applicable based on the field condition and/or any issues with the information provided from the field.
- Manages, modifies and updates existing databases.
- Maintains public and employee safety on site at all times by promoting a positive safety culture, exhibiting an absolute commitment to safety for self and others, and by ensuring all applicable safety rules, regulations and standards are followed.
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent of working time
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in contract administration, job-related
- Experience in quality control, contracts
- Bachelors Degree in Construction or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in contract administration
- Experience in engineering, industrial, or related, 7 years
- Experience in gas transmission
- Experience with project planning tools such as MS-Microsoft Project or Primavera
- Experience in construction, or related, 5 years
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Redding, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A