The Work and Resource Dispatcher- in- Training works with the Work and Resource Dispatcher during the training time frame for 6 months and are assigned duties based on business needs. They will receive and dispatch operation tags to employees in the service, construction, and design
- Efficiently Dispatch and follow up on 911 emergency tags and escalate to supervision if resources are not available to meet public safety concerns.
- Create field orders using Customer Care and Billing (CC&B) and provide Outage info using Outage Information System (OIS) computer based programs.
- Monitor FAS real-time field activity by using handwritten notes, checklists and messages.
- Process calls regarding customer emergencies, same day work and ensures immediate response from appropriate field operations department including calling resources out from home through the ARCOS system for Restoration Department, Control Department, and Maintenance & Control Department.
- Utilize multi-line phone system to assist customers, outside agencies and various internal departments. Work real time with scheduling department, restoration supervisors, control center personal to manage field personal for outage related activity.
- Monitor and analyze daily work to be completed (Streetlights, same day orders, and customer committed work) and update daily work plan schedules in the most efficient manner based on exceptions and day to day changes.
- Ensure prioritization of emergency, customer appointment and ad hoc work, adhere to QAS standards and safety policies.
- Communicate with non-FAS field operation departments concerning emergencies or referrals that require further attention outside the first responder’s scope.
- Dispatch jobs to field operation employees by creating, reviewing, routing and distributing service tags using computer based scheduling and dispatching program – (FAS).
- Retrieve and document customer data and job status information using computers, Field Order history database and other applicable programs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Must complete Dispatcher –In-Training program within 6 months of hire
- 1 year experience using Customer Care & Billing (CC&B)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products- Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Relevant PG&E Experience
- 1 year experience using Outage Information System (OIS)
- Relevant Hiring Hall Experience
- 1 year experience in an automated call center OR dispatch environment
- Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled or ad hoc)
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A