The Routine Field Clerk is a General Construction position and individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a new headquarters upon request at any time including during emergency or storm response; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home. This would require working in extreme weather and at remote locations. This position may require overtime depending on business need.
- Generates and supplies construction crews with job packages.
- Records safety-related information and training information. Performs data entry for department including customer notification mileage information, paving work, application forms and service tags.
- Completes and enters third-party or employee claims into computer system. Tracks and records claims.
- Completes expense reports with supporting documentation; submits for approval and processing; handles lodging coordination.
- Files paperwork, including employee bid sheets and employee files for the department.
- Orders materials and office supplies based on inventory and individual requests. Creates material Purchase Orders. Contacts vendor for pricing information. Delivers materials to job sites in the field.
- Sorts and delivers interoffice mail.
- Performs order closure tasks.
- Reviews department operations and purchasing invoices for accuracy. Enters invoices into computer system for payment and submits requests and documentation to Accounts Payable department.
- Reviews time cards for accuracy and inputs into the payroll system and submits for approval. Keeps daily contact with crew foreman for the time and calculates bus fare (mileage for transfers). Distributes checks. Completes change tags in the computer system.
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED
- Ability to obtain forklift certification
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays, and various work schedules
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as
- to how long you will be away from home
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25-50 pounds
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License by day 1 of employment
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A