Website Pantex Plant
Provides technical support services to waste generators. Represents Waste Management on Project Teams and in Production facilities. Assists generators with developing and executing effective characterization strategies. Develops waste management plans and determines packaging requirements for compliant transportation and disposal. May prepare waste profiles and supporting characterization documents (i.e. Technical Basis Documents, Due Diligence documents).
Candidate may spend 50% of time in support of field activities that will include climbing ladders and stairs, with the balance performing administrative duties.
- Meaningful work and unique opportunities to support missions vital to national and global security.
- Top-notch, dedicated colleagues.
- Generous pay and benefits with a stable organization.
- Career advancement and professional development programs.
- Work-life balance fostered through flexible work options and wellness initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/science/information technology discipline: Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
- OR Master’s degree in engineering/science/information technology discipline.
- Ten or more years of relevant education, training, and/or relevant experience may be considered to satisfy educational and years-of-experience requirements for this posting.
- Previous experience with chemical and radiological waste characterization, treatment, packaging, transportation, and disposal of waste generated at Department of Energy nuclear facilities.
- Previous experience with interpretation of analytical data for the purpose of determining regulatory status as well as mixed low level waste disposition planning and treatment/disposal profile development.
- Prior experience with the Waste Acceptance Criteria at the Nevada Nuclear Security Site and/or commercial TSDFs.
- Formal training related to radioactive waste management, DOT, RCRA, Polychlorinated Biphenyls, and Radiological Worker II is desired.
Company: Pantex Plant
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Oak Ridge, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A