Website Pantex Plant
This position requires the use and/or application of technical principles, theories and concepts with the ability to design, troubleshoot and analyze electromechanical assemblies; electrical/electronic circuits, mechanical, and vacuum systems; perform duties as a project lead, coordinating and preparing technical aspects of engineering projects from inception to completion including project reviews; and conduct formal presentations to plant personnel and other interested parties;
- Performs difficult and complex technical project assignments, analyzes impact of mission changes on assigned programs, designs and concepts; recommends improvements and prepares technical specifications.
- Acts as a leader, advisor, or consultant as required in the design and application of products, processes, devices, and equipment with engineers, scientists, and other technical staff within the department and at other applicable locations as required for efficient and economical accomplishment of the Plant’s assigned mission.
- Recommend improvements in procedures, technology utilization and automation, and analyze impact of mission changes on design or engineering concepts of assigned programs.
- Maintain liaison and coordination with representatives of design agencies, vendors, and contractors as required to ensure effective and necessary technical cooperation at all levels that result in completion of assigned objectives.
- Write proposals to plan, manage, direct, and conduct research on complex projects necessitating advanced knowledge and the ability to formulate and apply new methods to ensure accomplishment of tasks to meet quality, quantity, time and resource requirements.
- Participate in the development, research, and/or design of new types of proposed improvements in production and formulation of broad programs and mandatory requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering/physical science discipline with a minimum 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA and 4 years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree in engineering/physical science discipline with a minimum 3.3/4.0 cumulative GPA and 2 years of relevant experience OR a PhD in engineering/physical science discipline with a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA.
There is a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement up to 4 years post-graduation at time of offer and confirmed by transcript. Beyond four years from graduation, engineering experience will supersede GPA as a requirement for hire.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Physical Science [Chemistry, Physics, or related] from an Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) Accreditation Board of
- Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited program in the United States or designated equivalents from Canada or Mexico, the Washington Accord, or the list of substantially equivalent as documented by ABET. A minimum of 4 years relevant engineering experiences is required or post-baccalaureate (Master’s, PhD) degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Technical knowledge learned through formal education or experience with engineering systems related to material, design, analysis, testing, qualification, and engineering application of computers.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications and convert the criteria into detailed written procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, independent judgment, and discretion under limited supervision; develop, manage, and report planned cost and scheduled work; and develop a plan for recovery in order to successfully achieve overall objectives as required.
- Understand basic quality principles; be able to plan, review and communicate technical processes; analyze operational data for the purpose of baselining and developing process improvements; analyze problems and make recommendations associated with designed fixtures used in processes; and clearly and effectively communicate through oral and written word.
Company: Pantex Plant
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A