Website Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
This position will be responsible for conducting technical work in the agriculture program, to determine compliance with state regulations pertaining to standards of purity, quality, and sanitation. This work will be mostly focused on inspections pertaining to the Milk Sanitation Law and Regulations.
The position conducts sanitation inspections in assigned areas for food safety related inspections in a variety of establishments including dairy farms, retail food facilities, manufacturing facilities, milk processing facilities, distribution and warehousing facilities and prepares written reports and records of inspections and other activities. Works with various software programs to enter data as needed. Samples food products to determine safety and compliance of products to standards and regulations. Send samples of food as deemed necessary to the Food Safety Laboratory, Harrisburg. Completes investigation of complaints of food products, sanitation conditions and other related problems when notified by consumers or other regulatory agencies.
- Must meet PA residency requirement (https://www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx) – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link (https://www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx) and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements: One year of experience in the inspection of dairy farms, milk processing plants, or related food processing facilities, and a bachelor’s degree in food science, food technology, dairy science, or a closely related field; OR An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: All positions require possession of an active Pennsylvania non-commercial Class C driver’s license or equivalent.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application(i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- Based on your answers to the supplemental application questions regarding education, you may be instructed to upload a copy of your college transcripts, to your application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Lebanon, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A