Website State of Oklahoma
Under general supervision, this position provides customer service and assistance to the public by answering questions related to insurance matters. This position will also provide clerical support as needed to the Director and analysts and provide full time back-up support to the front desk receptionist. This position requires representation of the Department in a professional, efficient, and ethically sound manner.
- Processes and reviews incoming Request for Assistance forms to ensure no file duplication.
- Answer inbound telephone calls, secures, and provides requested information, provides services, or directs the request to those who can provide the customer with the information or services.
- Responsible for maintaining and distributing scanned documents to the Consumer Assistance Division.
- Provide technical knowledge and responses to the public regarding various insurance related questions and concerns.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties, including but not limited to, typing, faxing, scanning, and filing.
- Prepares mail and parcels for mailing, sorts, and distributes mail both manually and electronically.
- Responsible for data entry for the Lost Life Policy Locator Requests.
- Responsible for back-up coverage to the Receptionist.
- Performs other duties as required by the Director of Consumer Assistance.
- Must possess knowledge of telephone etiquette and procedures. Must possess ability to learn and differentiate among various types of insurance information in order to assist the consumers with their concerns; to organize time effectively; to establish and maintain effective relationships with others; to understand the basic functions of other divisions within the department; to handle routine business decisions; and to deal tactfully with the public. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to multitask. Basic Computer skills: ability to effectively navigate through Microsoft Windows products including, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Fluent in English.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum one year of insurance-related experience in either Property and Casualty or Life and Health required, two or more preferred.
- Must be willing to complete additional or continuing education for customer service and/or insurance-related topics provided by the Department.
Company: State of Oklahoma
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A