Website OGE Energy Corp
Performs cost of service study analyses by developing and analyzing OG&E’s fully allocated cost factors to support the Company’s regulatory filings. Prepares documentation and testimony on appropriate cost of service studies for state and federal commissions and legislative committees. Testifies as a witness in support of cost of services studies and in support of rate design implementation, tariff administration, terms and conditions of service, and tariff application before regulatory commissions. Reviews regulatory agency opinions, decisions, and findings of research groups. Lead rate design implementation and reporting activities. Coordinates with internal departments to ensure successful implementation and execution the Company’s regulated tariffs, terms and conditions of service, special contract requirements, and non-standard rider/tariff implementation efforts. Develops strong internal and external relationships to ensure regulatory compliance, project oversight, and consensus building in meeting both regulatory and corporate needs.
- Understands cost of service theories and allocation methodologies as reflected in the NARUC Cost Allocation Manual.
- Thoroughly researches and identifies areas for analysis and to produce summary analysis.
- Provides analysis of intervenor testimony.
- Assists internal customers with questions regarding tariff application and availability.
- Monitors activities of state regulatory commissions and other utilities.
- Coordinates with other departments during rate change implementations and special projects.
- Operates the Excel-based Cost of Service model. This includes, but is not limited to, implementation of updates to allocation methodologies, improving the efficient operation of the model, and to ensure accurate preparation of minimum filing requirements.
- Presents summaries of results to management.
- Query databases and manipulate data to prepare data sets for analysis
- Writes and provides oral testimony in support of cost of service allocation decisions and results, and tariff design and decisions, before regulatory commissions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- Five (5) years directly related experience (Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Analytics).
- Persuasive written and verbal communication.
- Ability to interface with and effectively communicate with management.
- Proficient listening skills.
- Project implementation.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to interface with diverse personalities and receive instruction, guidance and direction from others.
- Solid technical, quantitative, and qualitative analytical skills.
- Proficient use of spreadsheet, database, and reporting software (Microsoft Excel, SAP, IDT, Word, PowerPoint). Excel VBA knowledge desired.
- Reading comprehension skills with ability to assess position intention and consequences.
- Complex problem solving; taking a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience using Microsoft Power BI and/or Alteryx
Company: OGE Energy Corp
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
Application Deadline: N/A