Responsible for the development and delivery of innovative and effective process improvement, operational training content, and overall support for the Merchandising and Planning teams including hands on support during critical times. Continually reviews and advises on process improvements and efficiencies across all merchandising and planning functions. Collaborates with Code H to determine appropriate delivery platform and practices to provide a compelling and informative training experience to ensure consistent successful transfer of knowledge throughout the division.
- Facilitates, develops and coordinates all Sharpening the Saw sessions for Merchandising and Marketing associates.
- Defines strategies to communicate and inspire associates to be aware of and take advantage of Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM) self- facilitated training programs and assists associates with the identification of skill deficiencies and learning opportunities to bridge gaps.
- Develops and maintains a development program for Code M interns and Merchandising Trainees (NF2)
- Serves as classroom instructor and/or facilitator for training programs using resources developed in collaboration with Code H and outside partners.
- Maintains an active library of available courses to Code M associates from partners including Open Sesame, AMA, Salesforce and others.
- Coordinates the presentation of both core and special training courses such as but not limited to Quantisense, Retail Math, MOHR Retail Negotiation, Omni Channel training, purchasing management, merchandise-planning, etc.
- Identifies Subject Matter Experts to assist with the content development of training programs and maintains support and availability for one-on-one training when needed.
- Coordinates with the Code M leadership along with Human Resources to develop course content for training programs for merchandising job related functions. Works closely with cross functional teams to identify training needs and ensure content, experiences and material developed for training programs are tailored to departmental and individual job specific needs.
- Collaborates with internal groups and ensures ongoing job skills training is regularly provided for employees at all levels and works to identify outside training opportunities in key business systems and processes.
- plan for retail learning and development programs collaborating with Code H on execution and overall direction of the program.
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in HQ level merchandising (buying/planning) including individual accomplishments and work as a team, developing, presenting and implementing business strategies, building expertise in business merchandising systems and processes, and communicating at varied levels of the organization.
- 1 year of academic study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of general experience up to a maximum of 3 years for a 4 year bachelors degree in business, fashion merchandising, analytics or a related field.
- Three years of responsible experience in non-routine work that enabled the applicant to gain general understanding of the merchandising (buying/planning) processes and systems with the ability to analyze problems, apply sound judgment in assessing practical implications of alternative solutions and resolving the problems presented, and the ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
Company: Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portsmouth, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A