Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
The Program/Project Integration Office at NASA Glenn Research Center seeks a Project Planning and Control Engineer to analyze/monitor project costs, schedules and risks. The duties include the development and utilization of performance assessment products, conduct integration functions; advise managers on significant metrics to aid in decision making, and coordinate efforts/guide significant interactions with other organizations supporting Agency projects.
- Duties described below are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
- Conducts and leads Project Planning and Control (PP/C) functions, including integration assessment and management using performance assessment and engineering products.
- Contributes to improving project management for program analysis methods and best practices for schedule analysis.
- Analyzes cost, schedule, risk, and integration status of space flight project requirements.
- Evaluates program/project objectives, plans, and resources for compatibility with overall requirements; assesses differences/changes; recommends solutions.
- Provides technical support and guidance to core and matrixed project support personnel and engineers, contractors and technical support staff assigned to space flight systems projects and coordinates resources.
- Implement monitoring activities throughout project lifecycle and helping optimize project strategies to minimize variances (cost, schedule, technical, and/or risk).
- Prepares and presents systems analyses and evaluations on programmatic milestones, schedules, risk assessment identification and mitigation, and budgetary resource planning and execution to management.
- This position is open to U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S
- Position subject to pre-employment background investigation
- You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement
- If selected, you will be required to complete a financial disclosure statement
- This position may require a one year trial period
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A