Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
NASA’s Recent Graduates program provides an opportunity for you to gain experience in the Federal civil service at the beginning of your career. If selected, you will be placed in a dynamic, one-year development program, and provided with a mentor and an individual training plan that may include specialized training, formal rotation assignments, and other developmental activities. If you successfully complete the program, you may be converted to a term or permanent position.
- Serve as a NASA Pathways Recent Graduate Engineering Technician at the Langley Research Center.
- Participate in one or more of the following using a variety of instruments/equipment and data acquisition systems: composite fabrication, mechanical testing, operation of a small hypersonic wind tunnel or operation of a large thermal vacuum chamber.
- Use a variety of fabrication equipment for: composite fabrication, additive manufacturing, models and test articles, machining, casting models, computer numerical control programming, instrumentation and autoclave operation.
- Assemble and test components to assure research requirements are achieved. Make final acceptance/rejection recommendations after resolving problem areas and negotiating required modifications.
- This position is open to U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S
- You must meet qualifications requirements at the time of your application
- Position subject to pre-employment background investigation or higher level clearance. Investigation/Clearance may differ and be required based on the duties of the position being filled
- You will be required to sign a Pathways Participant Agreement
- If you are a male born after December 31, 1959, you must be registered with the Selective Service to be eligible for Federal employment and this program
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A