Website State of Missouri
In vestigates offender’s home/work/social environments for circuit courts/Board of Probation and Parole; collects/verifies/evaluates data; incorporates into reports and records; assesses needs/risk levels to determine appropriate supervision strategies to ensure effective offender management/public safety; and submits reports thereof to designated legal authorities
- Contacts offenders in their homes, places of employment or confinement and counsels them regarding personal/adjustment problems; attends court to receive court assignments/make reports
- Assists in vocational/educational/social adjustment planning for assigned offenders; cooperates with public /private agencies and law enforcement agencies; investigates offender violations; takes appropriate action including issuance of a warrants
- Prepares statistical reports of activities; administers/observes breathalyzer/urinalysis testing; assists in special investigations/research projects/other activities; serves on committees/task forces within the Department and community; performs other related work as assigned; as employee becomes more experienced/demonstrates proficiency, levels of supervision become more general
- Possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license
Successful completion of safety training including defensive tactics and the ability to re-qualify annually.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred; OR four years or more of vocational or higher level experience is required in social services, probation and parole, corrections casework or custody, guidance and counseling, education, psychology, sociology, mental health, substance abuse, law enforcement or a closely related area; AND possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license. A combination of education and the listed experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- The Missouri Department of Corrections is proud to have a tradition of promotion from within for employees looking for and seeking distinctive career paths. As you work for the department, we invite you to consider your goals and make choices to actively head toward them. We seek to recognize employees who serve with distinction.
Company: State of Missouri
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: St Charles, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A