Website State of Mississippi
This position will manage various components of a comprehensive fundraising program and be able to identify prospective donors, cultivate and solicitate prospects, and steward a donor base. Support and participate in a variety of development initiatives to include annual fund solicitations, individual sport fundraising activities and donor benefit fulfillment operations.
- Assist with developing plans, executing and coordinating all aspects of Annual Giving (Eagle Club) to include, but not limited to production and distribution of information/solicitation materials, prospecting, soliciting and cultivating donors, production of renewal statements, stewardship and benefit fulfillment.
- Actively solicit annual fund donations through outgoing call campaigns, in-person visits, and stewardship at events in effort to achieve personal fundraising goals provided monthly.
- Assist with annual fund (Eagle Club) renewal invoicing for each campaign.
- Develop, manage and execute campus fundraising campaigns, including the personal cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of faculty and staff.
- Assist with planning and designing publications, brochures, and related-collateral materials necessary to support fundraising initiatives (both printed and digital).
- Assist with assignment, tracking, and all operations/logistics on gamedays for reserved donor parking at applicable sports.
- Effective management and record keeping of the donor and prospect database along with collaboration with the USM Foundation.
- Represent the Department of Athletics at civic clubs, alumni gatherings and other community events.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in sport management, business, marketing, or another related field. One to two years’ experience in fundraising/development or similar experience at a university or other comparable organization; or equivalent professional experience working with donors.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and analyze graphs and figures.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to carry out duties confidently while using considerable latitude for exercising judgement and discretion.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in sport management, business,marketing, or another related field. Three or more years’ experience in fundraising/development.
Company: State of Mississippi
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Pascagoula, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A